Editor's Note: This was the 300th post when it was on my first blog. Here it's about the 70th or so, but it was still worth retaining, so here goes:
Have you ever let the weight of expectation build up to the point where a reasonable task becomes an insurmountable task and you don't get anything done? Well, that's what happened to me. This is my 300th post and I've wanted it to be really special. Fantastically special. I couldn't come up with an approach that met my hopes for a great post, so I never wrote anything. The sad part of this, aside from the fact that I let the weight of expectation rob me from reflecting on some really great events lately, is that I have pretty much decimated my readership. Used to be that if I missed a few days of posts, I had comments from people asking where I was. Oh well. Who knows who will read this?
There is a certain sense in which maybe it doesn't matter for now, though I want it to. Our family's move to Another State is getting closer than ever and there are days when I feel like the stress of it all is more than I can take. I have so, so, soooo much to do before we move and I'm not sure I can get it all done. That being the case, I'm note sure how much actual blog writing I'll be doing for the next couple of months. Once we move, however, I'm sure I'll be back with a vengeance as I sort out the new chapter in our lives.
But, this is my 300th post, so I do have to write something. Let's go for my 30 top 10's from recently.... These are in no particular order; more a stream of conscienceness posting, OK?
1. I just got an insulin pump! It is so cool and it will really help to control my diabetes. It is the coolest thing and it can calculate exactly how much insulin I need for each meal or anytime. I must say, though, that it is really weird having something attached to me 24/7.
2. Sweet Girl just turned 6 years old. This is a post in itself, really. We had a wonderful party and she enjoyed every minute of it.
3. Champs may soon move from a 3-day trip to a 2-day trip. Or, his boss may make it a 2-day trip just before we move, so we'll see....
4. Sweet Girl got a free swingset. She loves it. I painted it blue and Champs worked like crazy putting it together. Again, a post in it's own right.
5. Sweet Girl is done with kindergarten and couldn't be prouder of herself. Shortly before school ended, she was tested at a third-grade reading level, so we couldn't be prouder, either.
6. I had a third Longaberger party since January. While it was very successful, I think I am basketed out for awhile!
7. I have a possible job interview on Tuesday morning. Well, I do have the interview, it is the job that is possible. It would be a virtual job, allowing me to work evenings, weekends, from home, etc. I'll know more on Tuesday.
8. I am so happy that "Last Comic Standing" has returned! Love that show!
9. You know, salvation belongs at the top of every "top 10" list, so please pretend that was right up there.... I am beyond grateful to Jesus for His grace.
10. I have a new boss at work and I love her. She is supportive, flexible and understanding. She's also helping me cope with the changes that are coming with great humor.
11. I bought the cutest black high heels in the world and believe it or not, they are comfortable! And soft! And I bought them on clearance!
12. I recently discovered Myspace.com. I must admit that it is a bit confusing, but I'm learning. I need to borrow a teenager to give me an instructional tour.
13. My Longaberger consultant is retiring after 20 years. She had a sale of TONS of baskets and pottery that have piled up over the years. I bought some wonderful pieces at a great price. Of course, I could have spent much, much more. I'm actually proud of myself for holding back.
14. Sweet Girl starts new daycare on Monday. I was blessed to find a great daycare provider whose husband is a teacher. They're a great couple and will work to keep Sweet Girl's learning up over the summer while ensuring she can run around to her heart's content.
15. Today is Princssis' birthday! Happy birthday, pretty lady!
16. I have an idea for a business when we move to Another State. Everyone I've told it to thinks it is a great idea. Now I need to create my business plan, etc. Nothing like a little goal to keep you motivated.
17. Our zoom-zoom car (97 protege) is heading to the 94,200 mile mark and doing wonderfully. I love my zoom-zoom car!
18. Champs, Sweet Girl and I are heading to Hometown City, Another State the second week of July. We are hoping to have job interviews and to find a place to live. We also want to get a storage place for some of our stuff and hopefully find someone who will watch our kitty, Gus, for a month between our visit and our move date. Again, a post in and of itself.
19. My dearest friend, Geekwif, is getting a puppy and she and the Geek are beside themselves with joy over little Razz.
20. Speaking of the Geek and the wif, they are Sweet Girl's godparents. They gave her the most lovely kid's bible for her birthday. This is an easier version for her to read, and it should carry her through to her early teen years. She loves it. Way to go Geekwif!
21. My friend, Amy, has a great website where she's promoting her new CD, "Sparkle". It's Christian pop/rock and a great album. Sweet Girl is Amy's biggest fan and can sing along to almost every single song. I just got a signed copy of the CD today for Sweet Girl. Though we've already got the album, she'll love having her own copy.
22. The local wading pool just opened. It's about 2 blocks away and Sweet Girl can't wait to go. It has a fountain tree for the kids to play in.
23. I was told today that I have the two most important features a woman should have; a great personality and a great pair of legs. Since it was my husband's co-worker and he said it in front of Champs, then there is no guilt and I can just enjoy the compliment. I needed that!
24. We took Sweet Girl to the build-a-bear workshop for her 6th birthday. You've never seen a child have so much fun! The best part: she choose a velvet bear and dressed her in a purple dress. The voicebox she chose? A lion. So my girl has a sweet bear dressed in purple who ROARS! Tell me, what does this say about my daughter? I'll tell ya - Helen Reedy better not stop by here!
25. Champs bought me the most beautiful diamond "mother and child" necklace for mother's day... Now if I could just pick a great present for him for this father's day...
26. I found the cutest frame in the store the other day; it is decorated with daisies, buttons, denim and lace. It says "Sweet Girl". Well I had to buy it! How could I not?
27. When we move to Another State, hopefully (and most likely), Champs won't have a traveling job. Oh, it will be so nice to have him home all week! It's been three years now that he travels three days a week and it is wearing on him, me... even Sweet Girl.
28. OH! I almost forgot! Champs saw his eye Dr. today and though his right eye is still rejecting the transplanted cornea, the rejection is getting better and the doc feels strongly that it will be completely done rejecting in in the next few months. Woo Hoo!
29. My brother-in-law, Tank, is home from Iraq and he is safe. We are proud and truly grateful.
30. The last of my 30 Top 10 is just this: I have so many people who I love and who love me back. They make my life complete and give meaning to all the crazy things I do. Champs, Sweet Girl, my mom, Geekwif, my brothers and sisters, Champs brothers and sisters, friends from church... There are so many. When life gets to be too much (as it has lately), they really anchor me. Thanks, all.
So that's my 30 Top 10. Hope that suffices for a 300th post; the weight of expectation aside. I have to admit it took a lot of thinking, especially near the end of the list, but I think I'll come back soon and talk about a few of these. Night night!
Here are some comments from the post:
Yay for 300! Sorry I didn't finish that little project in time. I actually am working on it, believe it or not. Time is just very limited.
A few comments on your top 30 -
#7 - New development? This is news to me. I must know more!
#12 - I've checked out Myspace a couple times, but can't get over the teenie-bopper aspect of it. I think I'm getting old.
#20 - While we would be proud to be parents of such a beautiful little girl, you may want to add the letters g-o-d to that one to avoid any confusion. :) Glad you like the gift.
#24 - Ha! Hear her ROAR!!
#30 - You are always welcome. It goes both ways.
Blond Girl said...
Yeah, Geekwif, Champs saw that about #20 and advised me to change it before you saw it... We were laughing that, if you did see it before I fixed it, you would be soon calling to see when we were dropping Sweet Girl off to her new home.... I've fixed it now. And yes, you are the most wonderful G-O-D-parents!
I'll tell you about #7 soon. We need to get on the phone!
Congrats on #300! Great list, especially #15! :) Thanks!