Sunday, June 25, 2006

I missed the one-year mark! Auughhhh!

I should have written this post on Monday, but I just didn't realize. I am 6 days late. That's appropriate, I guess. I am always late. Heck, I was two weeks and 48 hours late for my own birth, so my continued lateness should be a surprise to no one. I guess my only comfort is that Geekwif is late, too.

But I digress.

I am late for my one-year blogiversary. I started my blog on June 19, 2005. Through this year, I've blogged about funny things, heartbreaking things, exciting things and mundane things. I've met new friends and acquaintances and I've forged closer relationships with my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law in Illinois.

I started my blog as a way to chronicle our transistion from living in Minnesota to Illinois, and continued it when it became apparent that we would not be moving to Illinois as quickly as we has planned. Since I started my blog, I've had a major operation and we have done a home remodel project, sold our house and moved into a rental property. When I started my blog, I expected to choose a school for Sweet Girl to attend kindergarten in Champaign - and she just completed kindergarten in Minneapolis. When I started my blog, my mom lived with us and now she has her own apartment and is living by herself for the first time in her life.

Yes, it has been a year of sweeping changes, unexpected delays and unavoidable frustrations. It has also been a year of growth and joys. I know I haven't been very consistent with my blog, but I will remain committed to it. When we do move in August, it will allow friends and family here to remain connected with us. And when I need to cry or laugh or just shake my head at all the changes life is throwing at me, I know my blog - and all of you - will be here to listen and help me renew my perspective of thankfulness and joy.

Happy year to you all! And happy blogiversary to you, Geekwif!

No comments: