Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Maybe I'm Crazy.... Probably

It's been awhile since I've posted; partly because I've been so busy and partly because I recently "discovered" Facebook. I goaded one of my friends to join (Hi, Geekwif!) but she wouldn't do it until I explained what she could get there that she can't get via email or her blog. After an explanation, she jumped in and quickly learned what I meant about the ease of catching up with friends, acquaintances and such.

But I have to admit that there is one thing about Facebook that I'm not fond of, and that is my inability to rant, rave, and reveal myself. I miss the journaling factor of it; that thing that allows me to sit in front of a white page and just let go - regardless of the length, unfettered by the need to be cute and quick about it, too. If you think about it, it's the text message of the journaling world. I think of Facebook as being more of an autograph book than a journal.

OK, so enough about that. I was about to explain that I may be crazy - and that, in fact, I probably am. Why, you ask? Because of my to-do list. I'm not sure how much more I can cram in there, but knowing me, I will try.

Let's see. We just bought a house and closed on Tuesday. We're not moving until the 21st, but that leaves us from now till then to finish packing up everything in this house (about 1/2 done), and get the new house all cleaned and ready to be moved into. Then there is the settling to be done at the new house, and the required cleaning before we vacate this rental at the end of the month.

Next, there is Sweet Girl's schedule. She's in Girl Scouts, so we've been running around like mad trying to deliver cookies. Also, she's in the park district's theater production of Annie Jr as an orphan. She has practice 4 days a week.

Next, there is my Pampered Chef business. I did a show last week and I have one this Sunday - 6 days before we move.

Also, I accepted a role as a team lead at work for a project. I'm loving it, but it is keeping me at work about an extra 1-2 hours a week (love the OT though!).

All of this stuff needs to be organized, scheduled, fit together. Somehow, I'm doing it (as is my hubby). The only question remains, "Are you crazy?!?"

Undoubtedly.


Some comments from this post:
Geekwif said...
Facebook does definitely leave something to be desired for the person who wants to really write. Not that I've been doing much of that on my own blog lately....
If you wanted to know if you were crazy, you should have just asked. I could have told you that long ago! ;-) Silly girl.
Just don't wear yourself down. Busy is better than bored, but wearing yourself to exhaustion is not good.

Star said...
I am still resisting Facebook, because I am afraid of the time it will suck up. I do Twitter though. Good luck with the new house.

David said...
you left out the descriptive "totally" that goes so well with CRAZY.
That sounds nuts to me

No comments: