Thursday, February 3, 2011

mō-tə-ˈvā-shən

mo·ti·va·tion
noun \ˌmō-tə-ˈvā-shən\
1 a : the act or process of motivating
b : the condition of being motivated
2: a motivating force, stimulus, or influence : incentive, drive


Is it just me, or do you also hate when a definition of a word uses the word to define itself? What is motivation? Well, it's being motivated, of course! No wonder I can't seem to get a handle on it for myself.

I have been doing a lot of thinking about motivation lately. Do I have enough? Is it the right kind of motivation? Am I acting on motivation or just reacting to the events in my life? If I am merely reacting, does that count as a form of motivation in and of itself?

Yeah, as you can see, I have a few questions. The reason I have so many questions is because I realized one week ago that if I don't embrace motivation and begin to fight for what I have, to work to find the woman I used to be, and to stretch myself to become more than I am now, my carefully constructed house of cards will come tumbling down.

I have started fighting, but not enough. I need to dig deep and find the motivation for real change in me, in our marriage... in my life.

Yes, I want my condition to stop being lackadaisical and become very strongly motivated.

1 comment:

Sonya SuzAnne (Suzy) said...

I am counting your blessings honey girl. You see, most women, or actually people for that matter, don't even realize a change needs to be made. Or if they do realize it, they don't find the motivation to do anything about it. Hooray for you, that you see it, acknowledge it for what is it, and are embracing what you can do about it to make it better. Like I said...hooray for you girl....good things will be coming your way and I, for one, will enjoy watching it happen!